Organizational Scope & Context:
Under the overall supervision of the Project Officer (Migrant Protection and Assistance) and direct supervision of the Senior Migrant Protection Assistant, the successful candidate will assist vulnerable and stranded migrants, in addition to coordination and monitoring of the daily activities of the Migrant Protection and Assistance Programme. The Migrant Protection Assistant is expected to carry out his/her duties in accordance with strictest moral and ethical standards and with due respect for gender and socio-cultural differences.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Carry out interviews with potential victims of trafficking and vulnerable migrants for recording general information;
- Support the direct assistance mobile team in arranging events, interviewing and distributing cash assistance to vulnerable migrants outside Cairo.
- Support the assistance provided to each of the beneficiaries;
- Update and validate migrants’ and beneficiaries’ data in IOM databases including MIMOSA, on a daily basis and assist in compiling and analyzing statistics and profiles on a regular basis.
- Relevant referrals to service providers and other units conducted in timely manner;
- Prepare case management reports for each beneficiary in regular basis;
- Ensure the confidentiality of all beneficiaries;
- Assist in the organization of trainings and participate in community outreach visits or other capacity building activities involving vulnerable migrants;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned; and,
- Undertake duty travels as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social or Political Science, Psychology, Social work or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or High School degree/certificate with four years of professional experience;
- Experience in working with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international organizations.
- Excellent knowledge in word processing and typing skills in English and Arabic;
- Experience working with Excel and databases.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter not later than
Monday, 16 September 2019, Cairo time on www.egypt.iom.int
In addition, please note that only the applications which would have been duly done, and which would have been submitted and received through IOM website within the announced time frame would be valid & considered for the announced vacancy.
Kindly note that for efficiency reasons, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 03.09.2019 to 16.09.2019