Migration Data Portal
The Migration Data Portal, launched by IOM's Global Migration Data Analysis Centre, aims to serve as a unique access point to timely, comprehensive migration statistics and reliable information about migration data globally.
The site is designed to help policy makers, statisticians, journalists and the general public interested in the field of migration to navigate the increasingly complex landscape of international migration data, currently scattered across different organizations and agencies.
The portal consists of 5 main sections:
- DATA – An interactive world map visualizes international, publicly-available migration data from 15 data providers (e.g. UNDESA, WB, OECD). It features 70 migration indicators and offers ample opportunities to collect, compare and analyze data without having to look through several websites.
- THEMES – Thematic overviews in “wiki-style” explain how various aspects of migration are measured, what are the data sources, their strengths, and weaknesses, and provide context and analysis of key migration data. There are currently15 thematic pages ranging from irregular migration, to migration forecasting and migration policies.
- TOOLS – Migration data tools are regularly added to help you find the right tools, guidelines and manuals on how to collect, interpret and disseminate migration data.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Global Compact on Migration – Reviews the migration-related targets in the SDGs, how they are defined and measured, and provides information on the new global compact for migration and the migration data needs to support its implementation.
- BLOG – Our blog and the “Talking Migration Data” video series provide a place for the migration data community to share their opinion on new developments and policy, new data or methods.