Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Officer and the direct supervision of
the Medical Programme Coordinator, the incumbent shall perform the following functions
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide medical assistance for migrant’s beneficiaries accessing IOM medical
2. Coordinate medical referrals with relevant hospitals and medical centers and
closely follow up on the progress of the medical condition of all cases, while
simultaneously maintaining quality assurance.
3. Provide medical services for migrants in governmental holding facilities whenever
4. Identify and advocate on special health needs for individuals/groups and liaise
with relevant actors to facilitate the service provisions.
5. Contribute to strengthening and monitoring mechanisms for ensuring child wellbeing
through early identification of potential child protection concerns.
6. Undertake health needs assessments of the migrant population with attention to
health determinants to assure provisions to meet those needs; maintain an ongoing
monitoring system to assure adequacy of such service provisions, including
emergency response preparedness.
7. Highlight and ensure handover of psychosocial needs, including protection issues
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates
are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates
are considered as first-tier candidates.
Page 2 / 3
to Migrant Assistance Service caseworkers for further follow up, in line with
Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Monitor the completion of pre-departure medical checks for fitness to travel for
non- Egyptian migrants who are willing to return home voluntarily and coordinate
all necessary procedures.
9. Conduct health promotion activities for migrants’ and host communities based on
the most common health elements affecting the migrants and address public
health measures needed to maintain a healthy environment, in the form of
outreach clinics and health events.
10. Liaise with Community Health and Outreach Worker networks in migrant dense
communities to understand and remain up-to-date on migrant needs and issues.
11. Coordinate the proper storage, maintenance and procurement of basic medical
equipment and supplies for the IOM Migration Health Unit including Emergency
Medical Kits, Medical Escorts Kits, and other medical items.
12. Regularly review services from a gender perspective and make recommendations
to improve gender mainstreaming and gender sensitive services for all.
13. Write, consolidate and submit individual case reports, monthly progress reports on
key project activities and statistical reports whenever requested.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
VN/CAI/2018/44 Migration Health Physician