Organizational Scope & Context:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Migrant Health Unit (MHU) and direct supervision of the Medical Programme Coordinator, the Health Project Assistant will be tasked with assisting in the implementation of the health assistance to migrants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to establishing and/or maintaining strong and regular contacts with Government entities, civil society organizations, UN agencies, donors and other stakeholders pertaining to the Medical Assistance projects and MHU programmes.
- Assist in exploring and identifying new project opportunities related to the IOM Egypt Strategy, government and partners’ needs, donors’ priorities and migrants’ context and situation.
- Support the coordination, planning and implementation of health projects’ activities with focus on health assistance provision to most vulnerable categories as victims of trafficking, children and vulnerable migrants.
- Keep abreast of best practices relating to health promotion and health service provision to vulnerable migrants.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating all project aspects, according to IOM standards & procedures as well as donor requirements/standards.
- Monitor implementing partners as healthcare providers and referral partners.
- Provide inputs to project reports and updates and assist in ensuring proper information exchange on all operational aspects of MHU projects between IOM, donors and other project counterparts.
- Facilitate payments for health services provided through direct relationships with hospitals for effective admissions.
- Support all administrative, operational and logistical tasks related to training sessions, roundtables and events with beneficiaries, civil society organizations, embassies and other relevant stakeholders; Writing related reports.
- Participate at seminars, meetings and events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
- Provide unofficial interpretation English-Arabic/Arabic-English at bilateral or multilateral meetings and other events (seminars, workshops, etc.); draft and translate documents (minutes, reports, notes for file, agenda, concept notes) when requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned including duty travels if required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Public health, Political or Social Science, Business Administration.
- Two years’ experience in organizing events, such as training, workshops, awareness raising campaigns, etc. and producing pertaining documentation.
- Sound knowledge of Humanitarian Medical assistance is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of Healthcare, financial and administrative management is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.